Pets Vocabulary Words
- 36 bright theme words and picture cards, available with membership…
Pets Words List
dog, puppy, cat, kitten, mouse, mice, turtle, guinea pig, fish, bird, horse, pony, hamster, rabbit, hermit crab, lizard, frog, kennel, aquarium, food, bowl, walk, collar, clip, groom, meow, bark, vet, protect, leash, love, loyal, bath, play, purr
Plus spare blank cards to write your own words….
Pets - D'Nealian
Pets - Zaner-Bloser
How to use this teaching resource
- Laminate and place into labelled tubs for easy access.
- Grab some ideas from our ‘101 Ways to Use Word Cards’ document’ such as make 2 sets of cards and children play ‘memory’ or ‘snap’ many more ideas in 101 document.. Use these ideas and sets of cards for a literacy group activity each week.
- Ideal for wall display, make into little mini books with a curtain ring and hang the different theme cards sets on hooks around the wall.
- After lamination use whiteboard markers to circle sounds, letters, and more – there are some really good phonic sounds in these pets words…and loads of double letters eg… collar, kitten, purr, groom, puppy, kennel, rabbit, food
- Brainstorm more pets theme words as a group and add them to the spare cards.
- Make a sentence with each word.
- Put words in alphabetical order (more of these sorts of activities in the ‘101 document)
- Choose a few words and brainstorm a list of words that rhyme, for example – leash, peach, beach etc
Comments & Reviews