Character / Virtues Education - 52 Virtues Words
- Ideal for character education - focus on 1 virtue per week..
- CHILDREN LOVE BIG WORDS EVEN LITTLIES - so get stuck into playing with these words (see ideas for use)
****This resource is available as part of our full membership option****
Virtues / Character Education Words List
Suggestions for Use
- Display the most appropriate virtues for your situation - talk about the word 'virtues' look the word up in various dictionaries and list various meanings eg. 'admirable qualities' - talk about their importance in our thinking and actions - how does displaying these virtues make us feel etc.
- It is best not to bombard the children with all virtues at once - a wonderful way is to introduce and focus on 1 virtue each week - talk about the meaning of that virtue in depth - what they can do to display this virtue, how it made them feel - keep a class tally next to this virtue card when this virtue has been displayed by someone.
- Children LOVE BIG WORDS - even littlies so don't think these words are too big to use for word study - they are a treasure.
- For each virtue you focus on weekly - pull the word apart and get stuck into playing with it - find as many little words inside the big word (for ex. cleanliness has / clean / in / line / an / lean )look for phonics patterns, unusual blends, cut the word up into syllables and much more...
- You can make these words smaller size by using the reduction settings on your printer and just printing off black and white copies, these smaller sizes are great for cut and paste activities.
- When not being used on a wall display, place them in labelled boxes, or hanging pockets for continued use and reference.
- HOW TO PRINT / STORE / USE THESE THEME WORD CARDS....
- Why IMMERSE Your Children in Words....
- All the activities from '101 Fun Word Card Activities' are fantastic with these Words ...... (DON'T FORGET TO UTILIZE THIS TERRIFIC RESOURCE EVERYDAY)
Please add your suggestions for using 52 Virtues Education Words in the comments below... thanks !