30 Rainforest Animals Vocabulary Words and Pictures
- Great to make up funny rhyming sentences for each animal - eg...
- ** The anaconda from way out yonder
- **The green tree frog who lives in a log
- ** The giant bandicoot who played on a flute.
****This resource is available as part of our full membership option****
Rainforest Animals Words List
|scrub||forest floor||anaconda||australian king parrot||bandicoot|
|bush turkey||flying fox||gorilla||green tree frog||jaguar|
|piranha||possum||red legged pademelon||sloth||spider monkey|
|spotted tree monitor||sugar glider||tarantula||tiger||toucan|
Suggestions for Use
- Have tried to incorporate main animals usually associated with rainforests from around the world.
- Classify animals found in different types of rainforests / different continents / live in the different strata layers of a rainforest..
- Some great longer words here for syllable clapping and phoneme / grapheme recognition within the syllables.
- Use with concept books such as 'Look at the _________ add adjectives before the animals also.
- Classify by size / shape / colour / way they move / what they eat / favourite animal graph.
- Each child acts out an animal - other children pick the card which matches.
- Grab all the other animal theme cards australian animals, farm animals, zoo animals, pets, sea animals, minibeasts and classify them in all sorts of different ways.
- Make up a funny rhyming sentence for each animal - eg. The anaconda from way out yonder, The green tree frog who lives in a log, the giant bandicoot who played on a flute. and more....love all that rhyme play!!
- Each child picks an animal to explore and research 2-5 interesting facts about their animal. You could use the 'Interesting facts about ________' concept book.
- You can make these words smaller size by using the reduction settings on your printer and just printing off black and white copies, these smaller sizes are great for cut and paste activities .
- When not being used on a wall display, place them in labelled boxes (small wash powder boxes or yoghurt containers work well, or hanging pockets for continued 'grab and go' games and writing reference.
- HOW TO PRINT / STORE / USE THESE THEME WORD CARDS....
- Why IMMERSE Your Children in Words....
- All the activities from '101 Fun Word Card Activities' are fantastic with these Words ...... (DON'T FORGET TO UTILIZE THIS TERRIFIC RESOURCE EVERYDAY)
Please add your suggestions for using 30 Rainforest Animals Vocabulary Words in the comments below... thanks !