Vocabulary Themes - Around the House Words
- Ideal for literacy word games and classification activities, as well as classroom bulletin boards and display.....
****This resource is available as part of our full membership option****
Around the House Theme Words List
|Bathroom||Ensuite||Dining Room||Family Room||Rumpus|
|dvd player||cushions||coffee table||vase||stereo|
|lamp||shelves||air conditioner||heater||ceiling fans|
|tea towel||jug||dish drainer||scourer||gloves|
|hammer||ladder||wheelbarrow||ironing board||power points|
|coat hangers||bucket||fire alarm||dresser||sofa|
|lounge suite||broom||dust pan||pot plant||carpet|
|filing cabinet||water tank||hose||blinds|
Suggestions for Use
- Use the main areas labels with capital letters (such as 'Garden' 'Bedrooms) as headings for sorting words into appropriate areas around the house.. (eg. fridge and microwave belongs under 'Kitchen' etc)
- Make mini copies of these words for children to take home and label the objects around their house - ask them to be 'word detectives' and play with the words first - circling, colouring phonics etc
- Children draw a simple map of their home - use the words as a guide to labelling areas on their maps.
- Brainstorm more around the house words to add to the list.
- Works well with our Around the House Concept Book
- Again, there are lots of phonics opportunities for loads of word play
- You can make these words smaller size by using the reduction settings on your printer and just printing off black and white copies, these smaller sizes are great for cut and paste activities.
- When not being used on a wall display, place them in labelled boxes, or hanging pockets for continued use and reference.
- HOW TO PRINT / STORE / USE THESE THEME WORD CARDS....
- Why IMMERSE Your Children in Words....
- All the activities from '101 Fun Word Card Activities' are fantastic with these Words ...... (DON'T FORGET TO UTILIZE THIS TERRIFIC RESOURCE EVERYDAY)
Please add your suggestions for using 150 Around the House Vocabulary Words in the comments below... thanks !