Easter Printables - 23 Easter Vocabulary Words
- Ideal for Easter literacy reference and activities, as well as Easter bulletin boards and display....
****This resource is available as part of our full membership option****
Easter Words List
|hot cross buns||March||Autumn|
Suggestions for Use
- Use alongside the Easter Poem 'When I Think of Easter'
- Use alongside the Easter Concept Book
- These words are great for use on Easter bulletin boards and classroom displays for children's writing and reading reference. Laminate them for long term use.
- Brainstorm more Easter words to add to the list.
- Again, there are lots of phonics opportunities particularly lots of double letters 'daffodils', 'rabbit', 'eggs', 'bonnet', 'cross', 'bunny'. Find more words in reading books with double letters.
- Instead of an Easter Egg Hunt, have an Easter Word Hunt. Make multiple copies of the Easter words and hide them around the room, or outside. Maybe you could give a prize of an Easter egg if they can say the words after finding them.
- You can make these words smaller size by using the reduction settings on your printer and just printing off black and white copies, these smaller sizes are great for cut and paste activities such as cutting out the words and pasting them in alphabetical order, or into the phonics categories as mentioned above
- When not being used on a wall display, place them in labelled boxes, or hanging pockets for continued use and reference.
- Make an Easter Alphabet Book using the template from Printable Alphabet Book - children place an Easter word or phrase on each alphabet page. (Don't forget to do a large A3 size whole class one and pop it in the class library also)
- Make a jigsaw puzzle. With a second set of cards, cut the picture section off using a zigzag or curve cut like a jigsaw (you can even cut through the word to make it more of a challenge) Children then match the 2 pieces.
- HOW TO PRINT / STORE / USE THESE THEME WORD CARDS....
- Why IMMERSE Your Children in Words....
- All the activities from '101 Fun Word Card Activities' are fantastic with these Words ...... (DON'T FORGET TO UTILIZE THIS TERRIFIC RESOURCE EVERYDAY)
- Please share your ideas with other teachers and parents in COMMENTS - below...
Please add your suggestions for using 23 Easter Vocabulary Words in the comments below... thanks !