Dinosaur Vocabulary Words
- 39 Dinosaur Printables - Theme word cards, available with membership...
****This resource is available as part of our full membership option****
Dinosaurs Word List
|egg||nest||reptile||Jurassic Period||Triassic Period|
|Mesozoic Period||Cretaceous Period||long neck||beak||predator|
|bird hipped||prehistoric||Paleontologist||terrible lizard|
Suggestions for Use
- Classification words - for example classify dinosaurs into herbivores, carnivores, those with beaks, spikes, fly, horns, predators - use other books to find dinosaurs to place in these categories - make a graph.
- Make a time line and use the different periods as titles along this line
- Make small black and white individual copies of the words for each child. Children colour in, circle all the phonic blends - basically play around with the words. Their are lots of 'double letters' within these dinosaur words.
- Use our 'Interesting Facts about ______' book to create a class book about 'Interesting Facts about Dinosaurs' or individual dinosaurs - eg - each child makes up a book about a particular dinosaur they pick - eg 'Interesting Facts about Tyrannosaurus'.
- Use these small individual words for children to cut up and glue back together again, put in alphabetical order, etc.
- Print them out - glue them onto coloured backing card so that a nice colour border can be seen, and use them for all sorts of activities - theme word walls, writing reference and more...
- Use our Printable Alphabet Book as a template to add types of Dinosaurs to each alphabet page.
- HOW TO PRINT / STORE / USE THESE THEME WORD CARDS....
- Why IMMERSE Your Children in Words....
- All the activities from '101 Fun Word Card Activities' are fantastic with these Words ...... (DON'T FORGET TO UTILIZE THIS TERRIFIC RESOURCE EVERYDAY)
Please add your suggestions for using 39 Dinosaur Vocabulary Words in the comments below... thanks !