31 Desert Biome - Words and Pictures...
- I didn't realise there are so many different types of deserts! Hot and Dry, Semi-Arid, Coastal and Cold.
****This resource is available as part of our full membership option****
Desert Biome Words List
|evaporation||hot and dry||hyena||grasshopper||jackrabbit|
Suggestions for Use
- Make a display of the 4 different types of deserts and label them. Children draw and cut out appropriate pictures to match the words - fill your display with their pictures and word labels..
- Use with the desert concept book...'In the desert I might see....'
- Research other desert animals and plants - 'google' these words to find out more interesting information about each term.
- Compare living (ecosystems) in the desert to living in the rainforest - list the similarities and differences in terms of 'Food Supply', 'Shelter', 'Weather', 'Animals', 'Plants'
- You can make these words smaller size by using the reduction settings on your printer and just printing off black and white copies, these smaller sizes are great for cut and paste activities .
- When not being used on a wall display, place them in labelled boxes (small wash powder boxes or yoghurt containers work well, or hanging pockets for continued 'grab and go' games and writing reference.
- HOW TO PRINT / STORE / USE THESE THEME WORD CARDS....
- Why IMMERSE Your Children in Words....
- All the activities from '101 Fun Word Card Activities' are fantastic with these Words ...... (DON'T FORGET TO UTILIZE THIS TERRIFIC RESOURCE EVERYDAY)
Please add your suggestions for using 31 Desert Biome Vocabulary Words in the comments below... thanks !