Add to favourites
88 Adjectives, 76 Nouns, 64 Verbs, 40 Adverbs.
- Ideal for making and illustrating Silly Sentences...
- Funny Giants Gallop Loudly
88 Adjectives Words List
|yummy|| delicious|| tasty|| sweet|| bitter|
| sour|| salty|| slippery|| slimy|| spiky|
| prickly|| smooth|| rough|| sticky|| soft|
| hard|| wet|| dry|| furry|| sad|
| happy|| funny|| boring|| nasty|| naughty|
| angry|| mean|| nice|| beautiful|| pretty|
| lovely|| friendly|| grumpy|| scary|| lonely|
| loud|| noisy|| quiet|| slow|| fast|
| poor|| rich|| strong|| weak|| old|
| new|| young|| lazy|| sleepy|| tired|
| furry|| tall|| short|| round|| fat|
| long|| skinny|| thin|| thick|| smelly|
| big|| little|| tiny|| small|| huge|
| enormous|| gigantic|| large|| yellow|| red|
| orange|| blue|| purple|| brown|| black|
| white|| green|| pink|| one|| two|
| three|| four|| five|| six|| seven|
| eight|| nine|| ten|| || |
76 Nouns Words List
|apples|| babies|| balls|| beds|| bears|
| boys|| bells|| birds|| brothers|| boats|
| giants|| dinosaurs|| cakes|| cars|| cats|
| children|| corn|| chairs|| chickens|| cows|
| dogs|| wind|| dills|| frogs|| ducks|
| eggs|| eyes|| snails|| waves|| lizards|
| feet|| clouds|| fish|| trains|| flowers|
| pets|| books|| girls|| snakes|| grass|
| pies|| hands|| pizzas|| oranges|| bikes|
| horses|| houses|| kittens|| legs|| letters|
| ants|| men|| tomatoes|| money|| teeth|
| mice|| friends|| spiders|| pigs|| rabbits|
| rain|| rings|| clocks|| fairies|| planes|
| songs|| sheep|| shoes|| sisters|| trees|
| plants|| trucks|| sticks|| sun|| toys|
| things|| || || || |
64 Verbs Words List
|creep|| crawl|| walk|| run|| jump|
| skip|| hop|| slither|| climb|| dig|
| squirm|| fly|| sit|| stalk|| stomp|
| tiptoe|| gallop|| blow|| dance|| glide|
| swim|| wash|| play|| throw|| drink|
| eat|| chew|| sing|| shout|| growl|
| bark|| buzz|| laugh|| smile|| cry|
| go|| moo|| quack|| talk|| yell|
| scream|| screech|| squawk|| squeal|| glow|
| listen|| paint|| look|| read|| knit|
| sleep|| draw|| shine|| watch|| kick|
| dive|| find|| build|| work|| explore|
| shop|| clean|| catch|| shake|| |
40 Adverbs Words List
|quickly|| slowly|| quietly|| loudly|| gently|
| softly|| gracefully|| carefully|| neatly|| easily|
| truthfully|| kindly|| bravely|| scarily|| sleepily|
| excitedly|| energetically|| safely|| loosely|| cheerfully|
| happily|| angrily|| lightly|| silently|| sweetly|
| brightly|| rudely|| nervously|| anxiously|| cleverly|
| healthily|| naturally|| deeply|| heavily|| correctly|
| colourfully|| colorfully|| playfully|| fiercely|| lazily|
Plus spare blank cards to write your own words....
Suggestions for Use
- Make 'silly sentences' using these vocabulary flashcards sets. For example - adjective/noun/verb/adverb - boring dinosaurs gallop slowly, or just adjective/noun as in slimy frogs, or noun/verb as indinosaurs dance. There are so many different combinations.
- Fantastic for reference with concept books - 'I Can see a....', 'Look at the....' and 'Here is a.....
- Works well as reference with similes - as _______ as a ________.
- Don't forget you can print these words in many different sizesusing your printer settings. Print a class copy onto coloured card and laminate for long term use - a different colour card for each group of words is ideal.
- Again, we have included labels to help with storage. Add these groups of English vocabulary words to your ever-growing class collection of printable flashcards /word cards stored in hanging pockets, or labelled boxes for easy access.
- There are many more adjectives, nouns, verbs and adverbs. Brainstorm more as a class or in groups and pop them onto the spare blank cards provided in each section.
- There are heaps of phonics opportunities with these words....play around with them - match them with phonics printables - what patterns can the children find, circle the patterns, colour them in - make it fun. Print off small size black and white copies to do this.
- You can make these words smaller size by using the reduction settings on your printer and just printing off black and white copies, these smaller sizes are great for cut and paste activities such as cutting out the words and matching rhyming words, and opposites, as well as alphabetical order and making their own 'silly sentences' as mentioned above.
- Use these words as a fantastic reference for the children's own writing.
- HOW TO PRINT / STORE / USE THESE THEME WORD CARDS....
- Why IMMERSE Your Children in Words....
- All the activities from '101 Fun Word Card Activities' are fantastic with these Words ...... (DON'T FORGET TO UTILIZE THIS TERRIFIC RESOURCE EVERYDAY)
Please add your suggestions for using Adjectives Nouns Verbs Adverbs in the comments below... thanks !
Search By Type