A Visit from Santa...
- Printable poem - chart and sentence building literacy activities...
- A Lovely Short Christmas Poem full of phonemic awareness and relating a Caring Christmas Message...
****This resource is available as part of our full membership option****
Suggestions for Use
- HOW TO USE OUR SONGS AND NURSERY RHYMES RECONSTRUCTION RESOURCES....
- White out some of the words from the A4 copy to make up a cloze worksheet.
- List all the different 'names' for 'Santa' from around the world.
- List other words which rhyme with the rhyming words in this poem.
- A really interesting activity to do with poems, is to change the words, for example, 'I was tucked in bed, pretending to sleep' could become - 'Vanessa was lying in bed, pretending to read'
- This poem has a lovely message towards the end - emphasizing the gift of 'giving' - what ways could children 'give' to others at Christmas (not just gifts!)
- Pop the large print copy onto coloured backing card, laminate and use as a class reading reference - again, circle sounds, letter patterns etc using whiteboard markers - we would learn a new poem/song/rhyme every 1-2 weeks.
- Print out large print, sentence blocks and word blocks pages, and laminate. Cut up the sentence and word blocks. Children put them back together correctly - great group time / literacy task activity. Pop in a plastic zip-lock bag and place in Songs/Poems/Rhymes Box with other songs, poems and rhymes to rebuild.
- Find phonic groupings within these Christmas carol lyrics to match with A5 Phonics Printable Cards
Please add your suggestions for using Christmas Poem – A Visit from Santa in the comments below... thanks !