Alphabet Resources - 120 rhyming picture cards including rhyming words
- using 40 different rhyming patterns.
- NOW ALSO AVAILABLE WITHOUT PICTURES.....
****This resource is available as part of our full membership option****
Suggestions for Use
- Ideal for use with our 'Words that Rhyme' Concept Book.
- Use the words for examples of phonics - Match with Phonics Charts
- We have made these up as A4 size so that you can then have the choice of printing them as is or reducing them easily to A5 or smaller using your printer settings.
- The idea here is to print, and laminate, then cut along the dotted lines. This resource then becomes a self correcting puzzle as the children find the matching rhyming patterns.
- You can make this rhyming activity more difficult by also cutting down the middle so that the children need to match the word and picture as well as the rhyming patterns.
- As a class, in groups or individually - brainstorm and add new rhyming words to each pattern.
- Make up funny sentences using the three words - practice this as a class first - for example - The book took a look at the hook.
- Ideal to use as phonemic awareness rhyming activities - highlight the differences in SAME SOUND DIFFERENT SPELLING - for example - light / bite
Please add your suggestions for using Rhyming Picture Cards in the comments below... thanks !