Alphabet Resources - Matching Alphabet Pictures, Words, Letters
- Up to 8 Pictures and Words to match each initial alphabet sound...
- Ideal for Alphabet Matching Games.......
****This resource is available as part of our full membership option****
Suggestions for Use
- There are 26 A4 pages of pictures, most letters have 8 pictures for each letter, some have less.
- Included, are word cards which match the pictures - again, 26 A4 pages with up to 8 words per page.
- The printable alphabet letters work really well with both of these.
- Again, these resources are best copied onto card, cut out and laminated for continued 'hands-on' use.
- Remember, not all pictures need to be used at once, you can just focus on certain letters, pictures and words, adapting to fit the ages and stages of your children.
- Hand out the picture cards to half the class, hand out the matching words to the other half. Children have to find their matching partner.
- Peg pictures to matching word.
- Peg pictures to matching printable alphabet letters.
- Peg alphabet pictures to matching double sided alphabet cards, or supersize alphabet letters.
- Play alphabet games such as 'concentration'. Place cards face down. Children take turns to turn over and find the matching pairs - limit the number of choices for younger children - more for older children.
- Make up blackline masters of the words. Hand out 2-4 words to each child. On an A4 sheet, children glue in their words and draw a picture to match. Make up class alphabet books using these sheets.
- Use the pictures and words to start a brainstorming session and list more words beginning with a particular letter - children then use these words to make up their own matching word / picture cards. Children can then try and match each others pictures and words.
- Use the words, pictures or both as a reference for Printable Alphabet Book.
Please add your suggestions for using Matching Alphabet Pictures , Words and Letters in the comments below... thanks !