Add to favourites
Classroom Themes - 40 Toys Vocabulary Words...
- Ideal for literacy games and activities, as well as classroom bulletin boards and display.....
Toys Words List
|lego||teddy||wii||play station||x box|
|meccano||balls||scooter||hula hoop||train set|
|trucks||cars||remote control||yo-yo||spinning top|
|puppets||nesting dolls||wooden toys||soft toys||outdoor toys|
Suggestions for Use
- Many of the above words have double letters - explore these and make a list of toys with double letters.
- Categorise the toys words using the headings - 'Outdoor Toys', 'Soft Toys', 'Water Toys', 'Wooden Toys' 'Electronic Toys' even 'Past Toys' 'Present Toys' 'Future Toys' - this is a good one to demonstrate how toys have changed over the years and why. Children can predict what future toys might be like. Brainstorm more toys and add to the list. (circle those double letters)
- Take a look at 'Toys Theme' in our teaching ideas pages - loads of great contributions there..
- Again, there are lots of phonics opportunities for loads of 'word play
- You can make these words smaller size by using the reduction settings on your printer and just printing off black and white copies, these smaller sizes are great for cut and paste activities.
- When not being used on a wall display, place them in labelled boxes, or hanging pockets for continued use and reference.
- HOW TO PRINT / STORE / USE THESE THEME WORD CARDS....
- Why IMMERSE Your Children in Words....
- All the activities from '101 Fun Word Card Activities' are fantastic with these Words ...... (DON'T FORGET TO UTILIZE THIS TERRIFIC RESOURCE EVERYDAY)
Please add your suggestions for using 40 Toys Vocabulary Words in the comments below... thanks !