Printable Tangram Puzzles, Patterns, Solutions and Related Activities...Includes...
- 7 piece Tangram Base Template
- 14 different Tangram puzzles - such as dinosaur, yacht, bird, Christmas tree, angel and more....
- 3 different styles of each - coloured with lines, coloured no lines (tricky) and black and white....
I have made the tangram base template and the tangram patterns all the same size, so that you should be able to cut up the base puzzle and it should fit over the patterns. You may like to reduce the sizes to multiple pages per sheet - to make smaller sets (there are 43 pages) - they should all reduce uniformly.
Suggestions for Use
- I have made the tangram base template and the tangram patterns all the same size, so that you should be able to cut up the base puzzle and it should fit over the patterns. With this you may like to reduce the sizes to multiple pages per sheet - they should all reduce uniformly.
- These printable tangram puzzles would be ideal printed onto thick card and laminated - made into a few kits to pop into your maths centers.
- All patterns use just the 7 tangram pieces each.
- Tangrams can be used for great Barrier Games. The children work in pairs. Each child has a set of tangram pieces. Place a 'barrier' between the children (a book or folder standing up works fairly well, some Teachers I know have actually had 'barriers' made up to use in the classroom). The children take turns describing how to put together their chosen tangram pattern. For example first child has chosen the 'person'. They start by explaining to their partner - "place the small square in the middle of your page. Put the medium size triangle above the square like a hat, make a square with the 2 biggest triangles and put this square underneath the small square to form the body etc etc." This can be a bit tricky but is a great activity descriptions, position, and oral language.
- Use the black and white copies for children to cut, colour and paste into tangram patterns.
- Use the printable tangram puzzles as part of a larger picture or class mural. Children glue on the puzzle pieces and draw in the extra background and features to make a complete / interesting picture.
- Children make up their own tangram pictures using the 7 pieces.
- Use the overhead projector to demonstrate some of the tangram patterns.
- Make up little tangram challenges...
Please add your suggestions for using Printable Tangram Puzzles in the comments below... thanks !