Mystery Bag - Description FrameworkIncludes:
- Letter to parents
- Description Framework page
Suggestions for Use
- I love this idea - it is great for oral language, communication skills and the description language process.
- Children are rostered on to take home the Mystery Bag.
- The bag is taken home with a note to the parents explaining that children need to bring in a mystery object chosen from home for the next day.
- Children are also to come up with some clues about their object with the help of their parents.
- A framework for organising descriptions (see below) could also be sent home to be utilized formally by actually writing clues down, or for younger children, as a guide for discussing the clues.
- Back at school, draw up a large version of this framework on the board, or chart and fill it in as the whole class sorts through the clues provided by the 'mystery bag' holder.
- This framework is also great for guiding questions about the object from the class.
Please add your suggestions for using Mystery Bag Oral Description Framework in the comments below... thanks !